Monday, October 6, 2008

Super Star!

"Leah IS a Kenyan. A very happy 3:37! Saa-weeet!"

This is my Big sister. A woman with 3 boys, not including her husband. And no, she's not crazy yet- at least not in the bad way.

She ran in the twin Cities Marathon yesterday and got her best time ever! 3:37! Can you believe it? I'm thinking that she started running at about my current age, so if I can get my butt in gear now- where did I last see my running shoes? In the truck? the basement? I'd better just stick to yoga, you don't need shoes for that.

Leah's very first debut as a Running Super Star was it the Twin Cities marathon way back when- maybe 4 years ago? I'm not sure, if you haven't figured me out yet I'm not a girl of time keeping. Living in the present is what I dedicate my energy to. Fore example: am I wearing underwear? Did I remember to put my glasses on and wait, where was I going?

Since the first 'Twin Cities' of her career she's run her way up to the Boston- still kicking @$$- or butt! She really is The Man! I'm so proud of her!

Great job Big Sis!!! You are the 1 and only Super Star!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - I loooove reading nice things about myself! Really, my only motivation was a possible sponsorship from XCskies. Well, and also maybe to make my sisters blog. Ok, maybe, just maybe, at least one of my kids might share my accomplishment during their morning classroom meeting at school. Ok, but for sure my husband will walk around and tell every person who doesn't even know the distance of a marathon that his wife ran it in 3:37. Just don't ask me to do downward dog because I'll leave the bendyness to you.