Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Bomb Digity

Recently, people have started 'checking in with me'. I’m guessing that this is due to my out of character silence. Really, I think that some of you assume that I've moved all of my worldly possessions into the bedroom, within arms reach of the warmth of my bed... In all honesty, I have considered this as an viable option to surviving winter, except that the 3 cats and 2 dogs currently reigning over the 'Galli Kingdom' have established the bed as their throne before I had a chance to set up camp. And secondly: No, I have not tripled my daily intake of crazy people pills and begun painting the house a pallet of beautiful colors- although I do find that appealing, if it wasn't for that fact that those drugs are spendy... It's the crazy people that keep our health care system in the black, and I thought that it was the deep-fried-chicken loving people…umm.

What I have been doing in my wake of silence will come to many of you as a surprise. I've been pounding the pavement in search of a paying job. I've been a bum for the past couple.. o.k., few month's, and it's time for me to jump back into the world of 'useful people'. It seems that all of my pig, goat and sheep pooh shoveling- yes serious- is not contributing to the world of respectable people. I can't see why not, in my mind there’s nothing more respectable than someone decked in Carhartts and Muck-me boots, even better if they have horse pooh in their hair.

I had every intention of using my 2 degrees and working for a city entity or at least the likes of one. But lucky for me, the City of Fort Collins has put a freeze on all hiring! And I can admit that I am sooo relieved. I would have had to quadruple my crazy pill intake in order to keep from loosing the rest of my mind under a dusty desk in a 4x4 foot cubicle.

So instead, I took an office in the best yoga studio of Fort Collins. Yes, Massage. I'm back. But with much more control this time. The kind of control that says “if you look at me wrong, I have every right to kick your nasty $## and dispose of your body in what ever way I see fit.” Yes, this is all documented in my medical intake form. Binding and legal.

The point of this post is not to go on and on about me, really it's to brag about the incredibly artistic talent that the Galli men hold. I've been working on revamping my business card, because I’m again a business card toter- now that’s a useful person, and at about 2 a.m. last night, I was at a total design loss. I decided to ask Nathan, my talented- beyond- belief- brother-in-law, for his advise.


And Lo and behold, this is what showed up in my inbox-Perfection:

So I guess, here's to real life. Thank You Nathan. You're the Bomb-Digity.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

There you go making me look bad again. I'm alone now in my kept woman status.

richardc said...

Excellent time to be re-entering the small business market, no really! If we lived there, I'd be swinging my broken body by for a reminder of why it's important to exercise. ;-)