Thursday, May 21, 2009

Green Gold



I'm giving you a sneak preview of my backyard masterpiece. I like to refer to it as 'The World of Sarah'.

I'm not sure why I've felt the need to hoard what I've been pouring my heart and soul into. I guess that you can say that it's been my own personal oasis of sorts, or good therapy.

Over that past few months I've spent countless hours working my to my hearts desire out in the back yard. I haven't let anyone in to see it, short of Chris walking through occasionally to me how to administer my labor- he doesn't realize that he's speaking to deaf ears.

Today, my sweat, blood, tears- and a few cuss words- have paid off in the currency of greens.

Not just your run of the mill lettuce, but sun-grown, love-fed, 100% nature raised greens. I harvested an entire colander of this green gold. I had been planning to save it for dinner tonight, giving Chris the opportunity to partake in my miracle, but instead I sat in the dirt and ate the whole colander- with my dirty filthy hands...and loved every bite of it.

2 comments:

grandmaR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandmaR said...

Good for you!