Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Days


Have you ever seen him look so happy? I can't believe that I caught it on camera. This is the first day of the competition, Chris at goal. 62.2 Kilometers. Wow. That's my man.


Stellar Sky. Otherwise known as great conditions. This is the vantage point from launch, the Chelan Butte, coming it at 3825 Feet of elevation.


The chaos of launch. Lots of adrenalin and pending egos.


The flying secret service, air patrol. It's amazing how beautiful they look when they're in the air flying, given how messy, wrinkled and foul smelling they are when on the ground. This is a new class of people: We call them 'The Pilot'.


If I recall correctly, I'm heckling Chris. Power overtakes me when I'm given too much control.


It's a right turn day. First day of the comp- they're still a little weary of each other and are keeping they're distance, but you can still make out a very vague, wide thermal that they're climbing in.


Just so you know what we do when we're not in the air. It's a blur of ruckus. Dirty mouthed, and funky smelling. At least we make sure to tip well.

1 comment:

Hecataeus said...

It appears as if you are living life to the fullest. What are three things that would make an individual jump off a moutain with some faberic attached to their back? Do you ever go? is there such a thing as tandem? what about the dog? can he fly? more pics of the dog. describe the smell in more detail, as I am trying to paint a mental and visual picture.