Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting his fix

I haven't posted for three days because Chris and I have been spending all of our spare minutes driving aimlessly throughout the back country dirt roads of the Colorado flats. Why? Good question. This is a good one:

We're searching for the perfect east to west, or west to east, dirt road that is relatively flat and straight and at least 2 miles long. Wait, there's more. The road must not only meet the requirements that I've just listed, but it must also not have power lines, houses, tall fences, mean dogs, scary people with guns, or bulls..and it needs to be smooth enough to drive 30 mph on.

You'd think- or at least I thought that this would be a relatively easy task to accomplish.

I was so wrong. I've lost days of my life...days of blogging! All for the love that a wife has for her husband.

I forgot to tell you why we're doing this. This road, given that it meets all the necessary requirements, will serve as a tow road for our new tow winch. Or from my selfish skewed reality, it will allow me to fling Chris a mile into the sky so that I can get some peace and quite and work on taking some photos.

We found a road, it's not perfect, due to some very tall and sharp barbed wire- which resulted in me getting a tetanus shot- but I successfully towed Chris for the first time completely alone, meaning all by myself. He claims that it was an awesome tow. I'm very proud- it's o.k. to brag a little when you're really feeling it- like I am right now.

Here's a picture of him- get out your reading glasses. I'm going to guess that he's at about 10,000 feet. Can you see him? Clean your computer screen- that was my problem. He's almost in the very center of the photo. You can also click on the photo to enlarge it.



Here's a couple other photo's from the day. Colorado really is a beautiful place.





And of course, a happy man after his fix.




2 comments:

nalgal said...

What is it with you two and tetanus shots? I hope you weren't as big of a baby about it as Chris was!

Sarah G said...

Well, lets just say that I left the doctors office with not 1, but 2 Elmo stickers. Yes, I am 31 years old.