Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm alive!

It's been raining here in Fort Collins for the past 3 days.

At about 1 and 1/2 days of non-stop rain I started to wonder if we were entering the great volcanic winter. I kept watching the news, listening for headlines telling us of the super volcano that has finally erupted someplace on the opposite side of the planet.

Upon no news of mass destruction, I figured that the world was just too busy with their obsession of Michael Phelps to inform us that we should start contemplating whom in our family would become the best meal upon starvation. - this has been a hard decision for us, given that we are a somewhat skinny family.

But alas! The sun has returned! And as far as I know, there has been no new mass destructions on the planet earth, except of course, for all of the ones currently burning hot, those of which I will not list because I've promised not to become political on this blog. Politics have proven not to be good for my relations with other people, like you.

So I'm doing a 'Happy Sun Dance' right now as I type. I've been reminded of how much I love- and need the sun, for my own happiness (that's code talk for 'sanity').

This is a picture to illustrate that the sun is out. Really, I've been contemplating how to show everyone this piece of art without seeming too vain and materialistic, and this is the perfect opportunity, it being a stain glass window, and the sun shining on it. and all.

Happy days are here again!


No comments: