Thursday, April 30, 2009

What men really do on vacation

Since Chris has been gone to California, I've become pleasantly accustomed to having the house to myself, the bed to myself- basically having it my way all of the time.

Dunlap, the town in which the U.S. Nationals are being held, (where Chris is) sounds to be comparable to a pot hole- this is the best term that I can come up with. Basically, from what I understand, is that Dunlap is a very small town with no grocery and two restaurants, one being Super Taco. There is no cell service, nor is there internet connectivity. I've only heard from Chris if he's happened to have landed in an area that offers cell service. Basically, I'm trusting that he still has his 'In Case of Emergency' card in his pocket. (yes, I make him carry one, he liked that idea much better than the bracelet that reads: If I'm found please return me to.. )

Because of the lack in cell service- I am assuming, the 'Official Results' page of the 2009 Nationals site has remained blank. My curiosity has finally won the battle and I've broken my boycott of Face Book. (Too long to cover right now, I'll just say this about it: Facebookies- You only pretend to be my friend so your friend number is bigger- I never liked you anyways.) I figured that someone at the nationals had to be taking the time to drive to the next town just to blog about it-and yes, someone has.

This picture is from Andy's blog. (thanks Andy) So now I know for a fact that Chris is in Dunlap, and not in Vegas. It also seems, by the looks of the picture, that he is not having much fun at this particular moment in time.


It seems (from here in my living room) that the weather has been stellar. I know that a site record was broken the day before comp began, and that Chris flew 90 Kilometers....maybe on this same day that this picture was taken? That's him in the blue. Why the gloom? Must be missing...eighty?

In addition to pictures of World Class Assleates eating Tacos on the blog, there was also a screen shot showing the 'SPOT' which is a salellite beacon tool that can track a pilot in flight and send out one of three messages. 1) I'm fine, don't wait up. 2) I'm fine, wait up because I'll need a band aid. and 3) Oh boy- you're going to be real mad- or something along those sentiments.

The funny thing about the screen shot is not the SPOT tool itself, but instead what is open in the tab, which is : U-Tube-- Tesla -- Love Song. Evidently, when the ladies are away, Tesla will play.

Get your lighters out, you'll be needing them






3 comments:

Unknown said...

poor lonely lil lady
he will be home v soon and all will be well again
by the ways - your profile may have a spello - My vise (mayhaps vice) is travel, usually to paragliding destinations in random countries.

Sarah G said...

Ahoy Mr. Webb! Good to see your words. Thank you for the spell check, my assistant will be on it, when he returns. Must be raining down under?..if you have time the spare for internet chat.

Unknown said...

Those fake Facebook friends ruin the fun for everyone. Really and truly, I like you. I suggest that you empower yourself and delete them all.