Tuesday, July 22, 2008

here's to the beginning of a non-reclusive life

So... I realize that I have a habit of dropping out of site and forgetting that I have family and friends out there who are wondering if I've finally given in and moved to a beautiful island far far away.

Not to worry, because I haven't- but don't think that I've not given it great consideration, given that I do best with no shoes and sand in my hair. My hang up is that tropical places tend to have many large, hostile and often poisonous bugs that I'm sure the cats would take to battle, and I hate to say it, but they would most likely succumb. Plus, my mother-in-law has a personal vendetta against bugs which means she would never come to visit and this would result in no more Cosco mango's. Can't have that.

This blog is my attempt to keep everyone whom I think about regularly -but never call - appraised of my shenanigan's, or what I call life.

I'm really trying to avoid this blog becoming a super cheesy personal therapy session, so I invite you right now to use the comment section to tell me when I need to can-it and make an appointment with my mental health therapist. I promise, no poetry or scripture, unless of course my words are so moving that you're motivated to read them as those.

My plan of action is to post mostly photos, as well as short entries. Just enough info to spark your interest and leave you wanting more.

And with that, I will publish this very first post, pour myself another cup of coffee and begin the process of figuring out how to visually o.d you with photos of me.

Here's to the beginning of a non-reclusive life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, I've never really read a blog before, does that make me a blogging virgin? Will everyone be able to read this comment? Must I really create a user name? Should it be one that makes me mysterious or one that says Sarah's sister all over it? Will I need by nerdy brother-in-laws help to do this? Can 2 blonds make a jet ski go forward?

Hecataeus said...

I can dig it! You never cease to amaze me in the ways in which you navigate life. Life is hard, family is harder. and relationships are in a class of their own. but love is the thing that will endure time, true love is a thing of beauty. when someone or something touches your heart and leaves a mark..... A mark that nevers fades, one could liken it to the North Star.....it will always lead you home....YBWTF

Jack said...

OMG you started a Blog LOL...,JK. I am very excited about this. I don't have nearly enough friends who write on the interwebs. Good luck with your venture.