Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Team Galli



Here we are: Team Galli. Mr. and Mrs. SuperStar. Yup, this is probably only in my head, but still- I can brag to the internet because it can't talk back, or at least I can filter it's back-talk.

We just got back from Ruch, Oregon. Chris flew in the Rat Race Paragliding comp. (did you see how I linked to that? pretty spiffy yeh?) It was a total blast. It was hot hot hot.

There's a beautiful river in Ruch, the Applegate River. I gained access (with my the help of my sweat smile and good charms) to the 'Super Secret Spot' on the river that only the locals, or as they say "family" know about. And let me tell you, there is a rope swing there, and jumping cliffs that should be outlawed. I still have bruises from the Slap of the water hitting my skin. Remember that feeling? The OWWW feeling? I hadn't felt that since, since I can't remember..no, I can remember- it was when I tried to out-water ski my sister a couple of years ago, and after a huge wipe out I figured that it's o.k., I've always wanted to adopt anyways. (sorry, I forgot to filter that thought, you guys will get used to it with time).

Anyways, it was great and I've got some great photos that I'll post later. Right now I'm on my way to Super Walmart- I know, completely against all of my morals - but it's so cheap! I'm going there to purchase an air conditioning unit because I can't take one more day of this heat. I'll tell you what: to off-set this newly acquired bad karma, I'll make sure that when I eat out I ask the waiter to package up my leftovers and send them to Bangladesh. Deal? Now I've gone and given myself a guilt trip.

No comments: